Monday, November 25, 2013

made at home: coffee grounds scrub





Coffee Grounds Body Scrub

  • about 1/2 cup of ground coffee beans 
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup of sea salt 
  • 2 tablespoons of honey
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon 

  Use your left over coffee grounds from the morning brew, or simply grind fresh beans for the mixture. Add all ingredients together and store in an air tight container. Make and use frequently. Use once a day on face and body. 



  After making my own scrubs and masks for quite awhile, I will never go back to store bought ones. Using this scrub made my skin feel amazingly soft, along with the feeling of being awaken from the coffee beans. Everything in this scrub is wonderful for your skin, which is why making your own scrubs is the best. And you get to use coffee grounds, which normally end up in the trash! 

11 comments:

  1. I use this same recipe at least 3 times a month for a general exfolliant.
    It makes you smell so good.


    http://www.katielikeme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine how brilliant this would feel on my skin and make it feel so smooth after! Definitely giving this a try sometime

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so great! I use a homemade oatmeal mask with honey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, Thanks for sharing.
    I am using my used Nespresso capsules for this, works like a magic!

    Dress To Cook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing- will have to try this! Alex

    http://tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com/2013/11/when-clock-strikes-twelve.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i just point out how brave you were for posting a picture of you wearing this online?!?! well done, lindsey!

    ~e~

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. best idea ever! can't believe i haven't been making my own masks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this recipe. But what are the benefits of using coffee as scrub? Does it cause sensitivity?
    LandmarkCoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it helps reduce cellulite and redness, it also makes your skin so soft!

      Delete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...